The Center for Regulatory and Industrial Studies (CRIS) was founded within the Department of Economics at UNC’s College of Arts & Sciences in 2018 to support research related to industrial organization and data science. Read more about CRIS.
For the most recent news and updates, follow us on Twitter (@cris_uncecon).
- Triangle Microeconomics Conference April 3-4 2020 (past speakers).
- Data scientists and economists from Uber will visit CRIS in Fall 2020 (date and time TBD).
- Seminar schedule for Industrial Organization is here.
- Upcoming Events in UNC Economics Department.
- Jonathan Williams and Xiaowei Yang (Duke Computer Science) were awarded an NSF grant to improve performance in telecommunications networks (read more).
- Luca Maini‘s work on reference pricing is influencing discussions around healthcare reform focused on the pharmaceutical industry (read more).
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger: T-Mobile Response uses methodology from “Usage-Based Pricing and Demand for Residential Broadband” by Aviv Nevo, John Turner, and Jonathan Williams
- Brian McManus and Jonathan Williams receive NSF grant to study net neutrality (read more).
- Paige Weber (Yale PhD) will be joining the Economics faculty in Fall 2020 after her post doc at UC-Davis.
- Select recent working papers and publications are available here.